Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Sugar-Tooth Day

So what exactly does $75.00 worth of candy look like?

I know that's what you were thinking when I blogged about my trip to Walgreen's last week.
Shaking your head in amazement and muttering "tsk, tsk. Foolish girl" under your breath so I wouldn't hear.

All the while thinking, "that could have been money spent on yarn or embellishments."
LOL

Well, before everything went so horribly wrong this week, and finding out about my Father-In-Law's Cancer; I had began 'helping out EB' by getting everything in order for Sunday.

Since this Easter arrived so quickly for me. (Which admittedly is my own fault, but it's a "month mind-set" - April = Easter/Father's B-Day, etc.)
I didn't think timely enough to place an order with Oriental Trading Company for all the little trinkets ('junk' as Mr. Doodle calls it), for EB to place inside the plastic eggs he hides around the house.

I've still got to decide if we are even going to do an "egg hunt" this year as tomorrow we will be going over the 'old man's house' for "Easter with the Family".
Which is something that neither one of us are looking forward to.

But back to more pleasant sweeter subjects..
The kids' Easter Baskets..

This year, and because of their age, each are getting a basket and a half.
The Large basket that I bragged about finding at the local Salvation Army Store for only $5.00 and was supposed to be use as Daddy's Easter Basket...

Well, that was confiscated to hold the overflow of the terror's loot (this is the ½ basket.. as each side of the basket holds goodies for each child).

The Barbie Dolls, the Barbie Outfits, the hair brushes, the Princess Diary, nail polish and Pokemon, simply wouldn't fit in their smaller 'candy baskets'.

(Well, the original idea was more toys.. less candy; but it didn't quite work as planned - as you will see.)




Then of course, there were the candy baskets...
filled with all the tooth-rotting goodness that my Dentist would just love me for...
(more work for him!!)


Don't you feel your teeth rotting as you sit there???
No worries, I am a tyrant when it comes to sweets... they will be rationed heavily..
for the kids anyway..
but as for Daddy...



Is it any wonder he was in the Dentist office?? lol

Oh... and confession time..
between you, me and the web-server here, so come closer so I don't have to shout...

I was stressing BIG TIME yesterday...
Do you see that second bag of Reese's' Pieces shaped like a carrot???




It ain't in his basket no more..

SHHHHHH!!!


✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦

(¯`·._(_.·´¯`·._.»  Copyright Notice  «._.·´¯`·._)_.·´¯)

Should you wish to share this page, please share using an Official FiberDoodlesbyK4TT authorized page 
.
✦⋆✦  RAVERLY  ✦⋆✦  BLOG  ✦⋆✦  ETSY  ✦⋆✦

Permission has NOT be granted to any 3rd Party to re-print, re-post or translate any FiberDoodlesbyK4TT products.

By utilizing any product from FiberDoodlesbyK4TT, whether by clicking over the internet, telephone, facsimile or otherwise, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the FiberDoodlesbyK4TT End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) or qualification.
All patterns are sold in good faith. Every effort has been made to ensure that all instructions are accurate and complete. FiberDoodlesbyK4TT cannot, however, be responsible for human error or variations in individual work.


All patterns released from FiberDoodlesbyK4TT are protected under Federal copyright laws. Reproduction/distribution, in part or in whole, is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized. This includes, but is not limited to, any form of reproduction or distribution on or through the Internet, including posting, scanning, "Crochet-A-Longs" and/or eMail transmission. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I can say is "OH MY GOODNESS" and I will never tell about the Reeses's Pieces!!
Happy Easter K4TT and all!!
hugs, gramzie

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks great, you have everything to cure that sweet tooth. I hope that you and the family and especially the girls really enjoy your Easter.

Big Hugz & Happy Easter
Tee

Anonymous said...

Lol, I won't tell. Looks like the easter bunny did a great job

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful, the Easter Bunny does a great job!

Happy Easter!

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii87/gardenialady/easter.jpg

Anonymous said...

Wow! I love it. Do you want to adopt an older yet young at heart kid (me LOL)? Nice work K4TT and I don't think they will miss what you ate. Your kids are going to have great memories when they are older. Hope you all have a Fun filled Easter (already looks like it) and try to not let the family get to you. HAPPY EASTER.

HUGS

Anonymous said...

Oh yummy.... I can feel the pounds piling on now. Lucky kids.
My daughter Tammy rations the sweets too. She lets the kids pick a candy or two at a time. They don't seem to mind at all. Maybe it is because it leaves more room for the sweets they get 'elsewhere'.
LOL
Happy Easter.
(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Will you adopt me????

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!