Saturday, April 26, 2008

Humphrey the Humpback Whale

Well, okay, so it's not such an original name for a Humpback Whale...
I was going to name him Hubert after my eX, but seeing him complete, he just looks too adorable to strap him with that name.
Not sure what I am going to do with Humphrey. I was going to give him to the elderly gentleman that I care for and who loves all things nautical.
However, when I showed Humphrey to him, he began to tease his 2 Golden Retrievers with it, as if it was something purchased for a buck or two from the local Petco.

Ah, yeah, well he was a bit toasted..
and I don't think he realized that it was made by me.

Either way, here he is in all his glory...
sitting on the WIPFIS (Work In Progress/Finished Items Shelf).
Humphrey's pattern was a 'Pay It Forward'
gift from a wonderful etsy designer named edafedd. Her patterns are so easy to understand and complete, that I now own ALL her designs and have recommended her highly to all my crocheting friends.

3 comments:

Carmel said...

Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

it looks awesome! thanks for sharing and inspiring

Terri said...

Wow you made it, it's beautiful.

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!