Sunday, April 21, 2013

Earth Day 2013


Photo Credits: Zemdega/iStock Photo
Wow another Earth Day is upon us!!
I really don't know where the time goes!  (It seems the older I get, the quicker the years seem to fly by... to be 17 again waiting for 18! or 20 waiting on 21!!)

I am afraid that I have not done as much to celebrate this "Earth Day", this year as I have in past years.  Although I reflect on a single day, generally I try to 'greener' myself each day of the year - less water usage, less plastic consumption, recycling/upcycling instead of trashing...
It is of my own humble opinion, that we can never do too much to try and heal what we've spent centuries destroying and taking for granted.


But this past 12 months,  I have actually slowed on my planting and putting back into the Earth as I had been doing in previous years - and this year I did not sign up for any "clean-ups".  
I must admit, it snuck up on me! Had I not received an eMail about something else entirely, Earth Day 2013 could have completely passed me by...

I will figure out something - perhaps not for tomorrow, but for the weekend.
 (Of course I will police my neighborhood tomorrow - but something 'more special' than just the usual)



"Planet Earth, are you just
Floating by, a cloud of dust
A minor globe, about to bust
A piece of metal bound to rust
A speck of matter in a mindless void
A lonely spaceship, a large asteroid
Cold as a rock without a hue
Held together with a bit of glue
Something tells me this isn't true
You are my sweetheart, soft and blue
Do you care, have you a part
In the deepest emotions of my own heart
Tender with breezes, caressing and whole
Alive with music, haunting my soul.
Planet Earth, gentle and blue
With all my heart, I love you."

© 2009 Michael Jackson
This Is It - Planet Earth (Poem)
Page Updated on: 22 October 2020


✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦

(¯`·._(_.·´¯`·._.»  Copyright Notice  «._.·´¯`·._)_.·´¯)

Should you wish to share this Information or FiberDoodlesbyK4TT Patterns, please share using an Official FiberDoodlesbyK4TT authorized page 
.
✦⋆✦  RAVERLY  ✦⋆✦  BLOG  ✦⋆✦  ETSY  ✦⋆✦

Permission has NOT be granted to any 3rd Party to re-print, re-post or translate any FiberDoodlesbyK4TT products.

By utilizing any product from FiberDoodlesbyK4TT, whether by clicking over the internet, telephone, facsimile or otherwise, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the FiberDoodlesbyK4TT End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) or qualification.
All patterns are sold in good faith. Every effort has been made to ensure that all instructions are accurate and complete. FiberDoodlesbyK4TT cannot, however, be responsible for human error or variations in individual work.


All patterns released from FiberDoodlesbyK4TT are protected under Federal copyright laws. Reproduction/distribution, in part or in whole, is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized. This includes, but is not limited to, any form of reproduction or distribution on or through the Internet, including posting, scanning, "Crochet-A-Longs" and/or eMail transmission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!