Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pimpin' Out Other Designers


:o)
I've been told that I am 'harming my own potential sales' by directing my readers to other crochet designers..
but, I am the type of person who gives credit where credit is due.

And while I am currently working on two series/styles of doll - and my time is so limited during the summer months (tough with 'the people' - they are at that age where they need almost constant supervision)... why the heck NOT advertise other designers to my readers and followers?
I am confident in my abilities.. and I am confident in the abilities of others - I don't find it necessary to bash others to make myself look better... so why not share what I personally know about other great designers?  

There is a young lady whom I have followed for sometime... mainly because I've got 2 kids who are madly in love with Pokemon'...
Apparently, she's taken the Pokemon' catch phrase of "Gotta Catch em All" and adapted a hooker's sense of uniqueness to it...
"Gotta Hook em All"

To date, OFF THE HOOK's WolfDreamer, has nearly 30 Pokemon' and a whole host of other Gaming Characters for your hooking enjoyment - (Not to mention the adorables  she's got in her etsy shop).


I noticed tonight, that she's completed her latest - Umbreon, which happens to be one of the People's favorite Pokemon.. so guess what I will be doing in my downtime..


Please remember that designers offer free patterns as a courtesy and not a requirement.  You can show your appreciation and support by NOT POSTING gifts to 'share sites' in the hopes of obtaining other patterns - and if you enjoy a designer's work (and there is a donate button), donate a few bucks.  It helps keep the yarn flowing and the creativity alive.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I agree! I actually LOVE letting my friends and followers know about other wonderfully creative people. I don't see it as a competition, I see it as camaraderie...we yarn crafters share something. A kindred spirit of sorts, most of us anyway. I also believe that when we bless others with our kindness we get it back in abundance later down the proverbial road.

Be Blessed My Yarny-Friend!
¸.•´¸.•´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸..•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`-: † :- Anita
http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
aseknc(at)gmail(dot)com

Erin's Toy Store said...

That you K4tt for that. I love that help direct people to other designers. I too do the same thing as you and Anita. I'm not at all good at blogging though, LOL. But I do suggest other peoples sites all the time. (you being one of my favorites! ^-^ )
Of course along with WolfDreamer, Amigurumi Artist. But like I said my hat is off to you! For sharing you wonderful talent and the talent of others.

YOU ROCK!

HUGS!
Erin

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!