Thursday, December 10, 2020

Well the Cat's Among the Pixies Now

 


The cat's among the pixies is one of those Harry Potter things that has just stuck with me over the years... 
It's a magical play on the old idiom "put the cat among the pigeons" - which is a little more aggressive than simply letting the "cat out of the bag"...

So, let's go...

Firstly, I hope you are all doing well.. well, as "well as can be expected" with the Covid Lockdowns and frustrations...
I had not planned on making an actual "hey.. remember me?" sort of post until January -  but sadly, Google saw fit to ask that question for me.

I'll detail that in just a moment... 

2020 has been a cruel year for the Doodle Family... 
In March, along with all the other family stuff that had been going on...
I lost my beloved Beastie - 


Being a "Cat Person", I truly hadn't realized how much losing him would affect me ... it took me WEEKS, just to move past the tears (sobbing.. not just a tissue dabbing tear of loss - but incoherent sobs of true grief) - and months to move beyond the numbness and then pain into finally a sort of 'acceptance'...  although sometimes, even that is still in question... 

What hasn't been in question, is that my final source of inspiration is now gone...  

I hadn't even really thought about Covid, the quarantines/lockdowns or anything.. including crocheting until about June.. which was when my youngest was slated to graduate her final year of school.. and which had to be put on hold until August... (but at least she was able to bid a final farewell to her school and teachers.. originally, the entire ceremony was going to be scrapped all together!  Many seniors weren't so fortunate...)


"The People" (as I have often referred to my children), have taken up the mantle of crocheting and designing!  My eldest, who is an accomplished artist has been working on the sketching of characters which she, one day, hopes to bring to life in fiber.. and my youngest (seen above in her Graduation Gown and below crocheting in the sunshine of summer) has been working on redesigning the retired KISS Series, to fit her own style and personality.

And an associate who tested for me (FDbyK4TT) has already checked several of these patterns, so they will begin being rolled out in January 2021.

Sadly, I haven't truly touched a crochet hook or yarn since March.. 



NOW.. WHAT THE HECK DID GOOGLE DO???


Some may have been surprised to find an eMail this morning from "Fiber Doodles" (which has a "." as the sender due to my use of a graphic for my page's title)

On yesterday, I began to aggressively update & re-maintain this blog. 
Since FDbyK4TT no longer has a presence on Facebook (or any social media), and Etsy and Ravelry have both been thoroughly pissing off so many of my Doodlers (I've had a problem since Rav became Photo Nazis some year's back and Etsy... forcing it's own checkout on everyone, which I was not eager to do with Etsy's past record of 'missteps' with people's personal information)...
But, I had began the process of insuring that Doodlers still had access to my patterns, especially the Courtesy Doodles that serve as introductions for new, potential Doodlers.

Relinking some Courtesy Patterns, which were once on Facebook exclusively (no more dead links), and looking into eCommerce Carts to sell my Premium Patterns here on this blog; as well as reclaiming images on posts (which had been broken due to their name & Google's archival of it's old photo hosting website) ... and of course, creating/updating a page to showcase them for your ease...
you can see yesterday's efforts on the "Courtesy Patterns" Page  (which still needs a little more tweaking, but I think you will enjoy it) ...

You know, making this blog more 'Doodler Friendly'... 

During this process, several posts which were updated or "published" from their 'draft' form - went out in the eMail you see imaged above; to those who had already subscribed to this blog.. 

I do hope it did not cause any alarms - and well, at least it told you.. Yup... I am still alive :) 

But I cannot explain why these particular patterns were highlighted and eMailed to you.. they are not 'new' entries - their dates range from this year to last.. and most importantly, had no significant changes made to them... (most were merely adding a photo, correcting a photo address... adding the copyright blurb, fixing a misspelling overlooked.. something minor or insignificant...) 

Never the less, I apologize for any inconvenience... and since I do not know what caused this... I can't guarantee that it will not happen again before something of value is truly posted.

And while it may feel a little like SPAM or Junk Mail at the moment... it did create an opportunity to let you see for yourself... 

- Following the FiberDoodles by K4TT Blog is as easy as just typing your eMail address into the space provided below.. 
and 
- It won't truly SPAM you.. even if I make 50 posts a day.. you will get a single eMail alerting you to multiple posts.. 

So, feel free to sign up and be sure to add "noreply+feedproxy@google.com" to your 'safe list' so you won't miss a thing.
Google's eMail Proxy mails out this blog's updates around 10pm EST - perhaps another will come tonight?  

Either way, I will begin posting regularly again in January 2021 (until then, it's safe to just ignore any eMails that may come as I fix all the bugs on this platform).. and at least with the eMail alerts, you are guaranteed not to miss seeing a post - as so many did, when I was relying on a Newsfeed that constantly wanted me to pay to 'boost' it.
Page Updated on: 23 October 2020



✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦⋆✦

(¯`·._(_.·´¯`·._.»  Copyright Notice  «._.·´¯`·._)_.·´¯)

Should you wish to share this Information or FiberDoodlesbyK4TT Patterns, please share using an Official FiberDoodlesbyK4TT authorized page 
.
✦⋆✦  RAVERLY  ✦⋆✦  BLOG  ✦⋆✦  ETSY  ✦⋆✦

Permission has NOT be granted to any 3rd Party to re-print, re-post or translate any FiberDoodlesbyK4TT products.

By utilizing any product from FiberDoodlesbyK4TT, whether by clicking over the internet, telephone, facsimile or otherwise, you agree to the Terms and Conditions of the FiberDoodlesbyK4TT End User Licensing Agreement (EULA) or qualification.
All patterns are sold in good faith. Every effort has been made to ensure that all instructions are accurate and complete. FiberDoodlesbyK4TT cannot, however, be responsible for human error or variations in individual work.


All patterns released from FiberDoodlesbyK4TT are protected under Federal copyright laws. Reproduction/distribution, in part or in whole, is strictly prohibited unless specifically authorized. This includes, but is not limited to, any form of reproduction or distribution on or through the Internet, including posting, scanning, "Crochet-A-Longs" and/or eMail transmission.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering what happened to you. I'm so glad you are ok. Except for the dogger. I know how that is. I've had many dogs over the years and each one has been so hard to lose. I hope you will be feeling better about it soon. I do know that even thinking about it sometimes and bring tears to the eyes.
Vickie

oncetwicethreetimesme said...

I can't tell you how happy and surprised I was to see an email yesterday! Glad you are okay and I'm sorry about your pupper (we had to put down one of our cats in May so I understand).
Can't wait to see what will be ahead and looking forward to when you get your crojo back. xo

Gramzie said...

So good to see you are still here!! so sorry about your fur baby, sending lots of warm hugs to you.
Please take care and stay safe!!

warm hugs,
Gramzie

cheryl jacobo said...

I wondered what was going on!

Glenda

chrustineg said...

So glad to see you are back, I missed your emails.

Cindyzs (cindy stewart/freespiritczs) said...

I'm so happy to see email from you! I was just thinking of you mon/tues praying you & your family were doing well!! I wish you all a very merry Christmas & a blessed new year!! 💌🙏
well sent this in reply to email lol oopsie. ..
so now let me add congrats to your graduate! & the new designers & very sorry for your loss of your furry 😢

Anonymous said...

hehe and here I thought it was spam! I even asked and was told by Cheryl that yes, it really was you. Very happy that I held off on deleting the emails ;) So, so sorry about beastie. I still cry over my puppy of 12 years and it'll be 4 years soon. look forward to the New Year and you being around more often. i-hook

Sharon said...

At first I was like "why am I getting email from Fiber Doodles?" Then it dawned on me to read them and not just save them. I am glad your back.

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!