Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Definately NOT Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

The people have been busy directing me as to 'what K.I.S.S. Series critters should come next'.  I have a slew of  Littlest Pet Shop pets and Little People animals which have magically appeared on my nightstand or desk or bed over the past few days..

Imagine my surprise when I had finished the Reindeer with his bright red nose and showed to the kids - only to have them scoff at my attempt..

"Well ... what is wrong with the reindeer?  I thought it might be nice for Christmas" I said..
Sternly, the youngest begins... "Momma, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer isn't a real reindeer!  There is no such thing as a reindeer with a red nose!  That's just silly!!"

"ummm... okay?!?" I said puzzled..  "what about the song?"

This is when the older chimed in, which a slight patronizing tone... "Momma, it's a song, it is make believe - it's a story for babies!  Rudolph is only a cartoon character that they made a song about.  Santa Claus doesn't need a reindeer with a light up red nose to find the house!!  Besides, red doesn't glow in the dark that well."

"I stand corrected...  "



Santa, Fact of Life -
Flying Reindeer, part of the whole Santa gig...
... Red Nose Reindeer... Fairytale

From the mouths of babes.. eh?

Of course, you are more than welcome to make this K.I.S.S. Reindeer with a red nose if you would like...  

Just don't tell the People!


K.I.S.S. Series Reindeer should be up later this evening in the FiberDoodlesbyK4TT etsy store, with the K.I.S.S. Lion being added later on this week.

2 comments:

Pia S Bak said...

It is so sweet. I love all of your works. Look forward to the lion. How about a hedgehog next time. In my thoughts, it would be very cute.

Erins Toy Store said...

Very cute! But I'm sorry the story beats the Reindeer in the cute department. :)

Love you work! You never cease to amaze me.

Erin

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!