Saturday, July 10, 2010

To Honor Him..

Video by RobLives4Love

or as a Birthday gift to myself.. either, either, or..
I halted all previous ideas and works to prepare for a very dear upcoming birthday.. undecided what exactly I want to do with the pattern (free or sale) and if for sale - what to do with the proceeds.


I am attempting to make 12 (1 dozen) of these sunflowers which are HUGE as you can tell - yes, that is a 12 inch ruler at the top of the flower, and yes, that is a full sized DVD case under it - to be delivered to the Forest Lawn Mausoleum before Michael's birthday this year.
Each Sunflower is almost 2.5 ft high and as you can see, almost a ft wide.

A massive symbol of love and sunshine for a public figure who represented the best of BOTH.

I am also working on a smaller Sunflower Amigurumi doll, which will definitely be a freebie here on the blog.
Keep watching, as soon as the doll is done, I will post it's pattern as well as a photo.


Ps -  I've gotten the messages regarding my icon at the top of the right-hand column.  No, I am not part of any 'Hoax Community'.  It sways me in no way IF or IF not Mike hoaxed his own death... his message to the world, rings true until there is peace on Earth and we stop abusing our planet.
The message with the icon is simply, "believe in LOVE" - painful lies have been cast out.

4 comments:

Erin's Toy Store said...

I love it and the idea you have to send it to the Forest Lawn Mausoleum. It's absolutly beautiful and another well worded message to got along with. Thank you for sharing!

Erin

Anonymous said...

I think it is fantastic you are making sunflowers for MJ! I think he would have appreciated that!
Cannot wait to see the doll you are making!

Have a lovely day

Lis said...

thanks for the info on the icon i wuz beginning to worry about u
can't wait to c the new doll i bet it will be gr8!

Britt said...

well I do not like Micheal Jackson, but I like the 2 foot sunflower - can't wait until it is done.

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!