Monday, May 10, 2010

Biology: The Life Cycle


I hated biology in school.  Of course, back then, it was still 'appropriate' and a course mandate that you actually dissected an animal in order to pass the Science course.  Thank goodness that organizations such as PETA has put an end to such graphic barbarianism.  (Well, for the most part - I think some schools still kill helpless froggies)

In the 3rd and 4th Grade however, the intricate functions and placement of the inner organs of a living animal are something found in odd cartoons or sci-fi movies, when some fierce beast's "guts" get spilled after the hero slays them.  

But the little ones learn about the Life Cycle.  
From Seed to Plant 
From Catapillar to Butterfly
or from Egg, to Tadpole, to Metamorph, to Frog..
the later, I just had to work up in fiber...


I am working up the pattern, to share with you here on the FiberDoodles by K4TT Blog.  The pattern(s) will consist of the Tadpole, the Matamorph and the Frog.  The eggs and the water lily were ad-libbed on the fly and I didn't write down exactly HOW I made it - but the rest I hope to have up tomorrow for anyone who feels like making a little science project :)

3 comments:

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Oh I LOVE these! The Tadpole is
adorable! You are talented!

Jane
Flora Doora

Erin's Toy Store said...

Another great job! That is very creative. You never cease to amaze me.

Erin Scull

ShenaLee said...

Super cute! Man, I took a biology class last summer in college and they made us dissect a crawfish, a frog, and a rat. Eek!

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!