Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Needing a little Christmas Spirit..

*sigh*
What I actually needed this morning, was one of those 1-800 'Don't Beat your Kid to a Bloody Pulp' numbers.

I think that the stress of the holidays is really getting to me.
I've got so many things to do, and it seems like so very little time in which to get it done.

I am battling with an online company at present (do NOT buy from Buy.com) after they charged my credit card some $600.00 for something that was only in my shopping cart.  (I was comparison shopping between like 4 different online stores... had things in carts to see total prices)... next thing I know, I get home and check my email for something else completely.. and there is a "Thank you for your order" sitting there...
Now they claim, that although I told them 5 days ago to 'cancel the order' (that I never actually placed); they've mailed out the merchandise.
HELLO?!? 
Which means that $600.00 worth of funds are tied up either for the next 30-60 days (going thru cc and disputing charges) or until they refund (if under 30 days).  So needless to say.. that's got me a bit... miffed.

I've got 3 of the (now) 4 needed dolls crocheted .. (3rd needs to be sewn together) which all need to be ready by Friday (vacation time is a wonderful thing, isn't it?)..
I've gotten done both of the Dental Office Christmas Pressies...
But have yet to start on the Tree or Candy Cane covers for the girls' classrooms..
Not to mention getting Hubby's Lineman Doll all done in time for his Christmas debut (since I missed the birthday one.. as it was YESTERDAY!!)

I've got about 30 dozen cookies to make next week...
along with several cakes...

a tree to decorate... which ... don't even get me started on 'Why do men ALWAYS go for the biggest tree on the lot????'.  
Every year, I feel like I am in a Christmas re-run of 'Home Improvement' ... and I swear, if Hubby starts 'grunting'... I'm gonna take a vacation in one of those buildings where they give you those ever-so-fashionable tight little white jackets and strap you in your bed at night.

O-kay...
so if all that isn't enough...
as I've went wayyyyy off the deep end into unchartered areas of information...
there's the issue with my oldest daughter..
*sigh*
I love her to pieces.. truly adore her... honest

but, there are times like this morning when (forgive me) I wonder why I ever had children!
She is at that age where she's going to try 'new things'..
good things... bad things...  
and REALLY BAD THINGS,like LYING!

Now, I can't stand a liar..
Never could.  Not even lies for the 'good reasons'...
I would rather have someone tell me I look like crap.. then spare my feelings and allow me to leave the house looking like something that belongs in a bad B movie.

Well, she lies about EVERYTHING...
the color of her eyes...
the weather...
If you ask her a question.. more than likely, the answer you get will need to be verified.
I've been told this is a childhood phase.. and she will sort of ... outgrow it..
(or at least learn how to really lie so it isn't so obvious that she is lying.)

I was finishing up a crochet project last night..
so I called into her...
"Homework done?"
"Not yet Mommy, I'm working on it."

No reason to suspect that she's lying...  after all the television was off.. and she was 'working on some papers' that came home from school when I'd visually check on her.  She's doing her homework...

Well, due to misbehaving earlier yesterday morning (and because they each gave me issue about going to bed the night before)... both girls had lost 30 minutes - early bedtime.. *grin*

So here we are, 7:30 with an 8pm bedtime...
"Homework done?"
"Yup."
"Room clean?"
".. long pause... and "no...... (in that kid voice that just makes you want to rush right in and clean it up for them)"
"Well, you're burning up tv time.. clean up your room."
"owwww, .... k" 

Now, television is the devil's invention...
it's makes you fat - lazy and steals all your creativity...
...
yeah.. I know, I can't live without it either.

But as far as the kids... I don't care if they miss a night of Total Drama Island.. or SpongeBob Squarepants (okay, so they are really not allowed to watch such nonsense - I was trying to make a point).  
Needless to say, neither child got their 'tv time' last night as it would seem that dinner had slow-motion pills mixed in with the pasta gravy.
Homeworks and cleanups took both kids right up until 8pm to finish up.

So this morning, I wake...
NOT IN A GOOD MOOD...
My cat is in heat AGAIN...
The wind blew over several lawn ornaments and a few plants...
It's dark and gray outside...
I am still wallowing in animosity from yesterdays' shopping.. outing... 
and it's one of those days where you just want to stay buried underneath the covers until about noon.
and.. my child just didn't want to get out of bed either..
(she is so NOT a morning person... she gets it honestly... *blush*)

I grab up her papers from her dresser (her homework, which should have already been downstairs in her backpack) toss her clothing to her and bark at her to "get up and dressed and come downstairs for breakfast"...
and make my way downstairs to get their backpacks together and begin the morning 'school routine'.. which involves way too many "you're gonna be late for the bus" statements.

I notice that 1 of the 3 pages of her homework, isn't done!!!
*grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

So, I tell her that she's lost her television privileges for the night.. and to get her little butt in high gear so she can get her homework done...

Well, this entry is already getting too long...
but.. the 'other child'... in her 'best younger sister annoying-but-ever-so-helpful way' reminds me that not only should Big Sister's tv be gone for the night, but also her DS and that she should have an early bedtime.
Meanwhile, I'm getting the attitude from hell.. like it was MY FAULT she lied and got punished...
She's sitting at the kitchen table with a blank stare on her face, not finishing her homework.. not eating... just staring... or was that glaring...
and there's only 20 minutes until it's bus time.

...

YEAH...
it was THAT kind of morning...

and now I am off to shower and go see the Dentist..
Squeezing my fat rear-end into jeans that are probably a size too small so that he doesn't have to see me yet again in the same old sweatpants (I swear that man is one day going to believe I only own 2 pair of pants and both are black and frumpy.) 
The going for a walk in the drizzle with the wind slapping me in the face...
*sigh*
I don't want to go...
but I rescheduled last week's appointment to today...
and I don't want to reschedule again on such short notice..
so...

....


oh and... did I mention that I've not wrapped anything yet?????


yeah...

If you have a little Xmas cheer you are not using...
mind sending it my way???
I will certainly put it to good use.

12 comments:

Leslie said...

30-60 days with buy.com- GOOD Luck! Last year I purchased a Christmas gift from them- gaureented to have by Dec24th. On 6th of January I call them and ask where the H it is- well they ran out of them before Christmas. Took me about 50 calls etc to get my $$ back and I didn't get it refunded until the end of March. I do not buy from buy.com!!
As to J- you are a great mother EM. Thank God there are still mothers out there to teach their children what is right- what is wrong and that certain things come BEFORE TV and video games!! A++++++++ FOR YOU!!
Hang in there- remember some how a mother gets it all done by Christmas (but a hint- I use to have a hubby like yours with the trees-ok he's 6' tall- I'm 5'3- the trees required a ladder for me- and He never decorates them) So many years ago i went out and bought a nice fake tree that I can reach the top of- has saved us $$, has saved the poor trees, looks real decorated, and I get that lovely pine scent of a real tree from a spray can :)
Hugs & Blessings,

Diana said...

You cheered me up by letting me know my problems aren't that bad.
At least my kids are grown and out of the house. Now their kids are their problems. I look back and wonder how I ever did it?
Hang in there sweetie
Hugs

Dee said...

Poor KittyK4TT, Hang in there hon. Don't give up, I know it is easier said than done!! You have to instill morals and values in your children, if you don"t....they go buck wild. I have been through all of that with mine when they were growing up. My oldest son would look you right straight in the eye and lie!! When, the truth would be better..lol Don't know why some children are like that.
As for the crochet, take it one step at a time. When you panic, you screw up...lol Trust me, I know!!! I say every year, "I am going to start early" Well, I never do. I am a last minute, panic, crocheter!! I have 2 more things to finish for the mail....Ugggg, It seems like I will never get done!
I pray all goes well with the dentist...Just look into those handsome eyes of his, and maybe for a few, everything will go away..lol
Keep on trucking on hon, it will get better :)
Big Big hugs of encouragement sent your way!!

Terri said...

Well I have to say the Leslie said it all. I totally agree with her. So now I can't say anything because she said exactly what I would have. I hope that your day will get better, and you know that you will pull Christmas off some kind of way. I'm still behind on a few things myself, like going to the post office to mail off pkgs. and an afghan that I haven't blocked yet, and somehow I don't think it will get blocked!!! Hang in there hon, it will all come together, somehow God gave us women some kind of power to make it happen just in the nick of time!!!

Irma said...

Hang in there, K. Now that my children are grown and out of the house, my favorite saying is "Grandchildren are God's gift to us for not killing our children." Wish I had heard 25 years ago when I was like you dealing with behavior, attitude, homework and holidays. Maybe thinking that line would have saved them and me some stress.

Leslie said...

You know why Santa has a pot belly??? Cause all he does is drive the sleigh. It is MRS. Claus who gets the toys made, the elves organized, feeds all the elves and the reindeer, makes the lists, checks them twice, does all the clean -up after everyone else and then gets Santa out the dorr and on his way ON the right DATE!! LOL

By the way do you know why God created Man first?? Cause she new you always have to do the first project as a trial run so you can tweak it- the second one always comes out perfect :)

K4TT said...

Thank you ladies.
I've managed to muster up some of my own hidden Christmas Spirit.
I took Dr. CutiePie and K their Christmas gifts (as next week will be way too busy to even think of having a dental visit - although I might pop up there and take them some Christmas Cookies)
I love... Love .. LOVE the looks on happy faces!
I've always been the type of person who gets sooo much from giving!!
LOL
Guess that is why I am such an oddball around here!
ROFL

Cheryl said...

Just hang in there, it has to get better. Don't feel bad. I have been in one of those moods where I wish I could just skip Christmas. I haven't done much Christmas shopping , put up my tree , or addressed my Christmas cards to send out yet. Oh, that's right, I still need to buy Christmas cards before I can address and mail them out. LOL! My children are all grown, so I only need to put up a small Christmas tree. I tell myself every year that I am going to start my Christmas shopping early, but it never happens that way. One of these years I might surprise myself and actually do it! But, really, Christmas was always much more fun when the children were little. Much easier to buy for when they are little also. When they are adults, they are much harder to buy for because they always seem to have everything they need.
I know what you mean though, so much to do and no time to do it. Try not to stress out about it and slow down a little ( easier said then done, I know).
Hugs

Raven said...

My 11 year old is going thru the "ah" phase right now. EVERYTHING said to me ends in it. "Quinn, did you clean your room yet?" "No-ah". If K's getting on his nerves, I hear "Mom-ah! Make him stop-ah!" HATE it. My mom tells me "If I'd have known grandkids were this much fun, I'd have had them first!"
I'm soooo not a christmas fan so you can have all the spirit that was supposed to go to me... my grinch shield keeps it far away from me. I don't wrap presents unless hubby takes the boys to his mothers and that only happens when he's daylight... guess what he hasn't been lately!? I'm mad at the in-laws so I can't take them up so I'm screwed til then. SIGH!
From mom to mom.... BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG HUG!!! Maybe we need to buy some bottled spirits to help us get thru the lack of Christmas spirit! LOL!

Lis C. said...

Hugs all the way from Singapore! Cheer up a little!

Sherry said...

Wow K sounds like you have your hands full & I know how it is, been there done that. I'm also behind on things I've been working on to so don't feel bad. You can only do so much at a time. Hope it doesn't take forever for you to get things straightened out with buy.com. I really like Leslie's 2nd post, it says it all.ure

Dee said...

I am the same way KATT...I would much rather give than receive. My joy comes from the happiness of others. I have always been like that. Especially with the little one's :) I even make cakes and take to the door greeters at wally world...lol
Things will straighten out soon. Hang in there hon. :))

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for leaving your thoughts on Fiber Doodles!